Modified Bitumen Roofing
Modified Bitumen roofing is an asphalt-based, close cousin of the Built-up-Roof (BUR) designed for buildings with a low-slope roof or “flat” roof structure. Modified Bitumen roofing is an asphalt that has had modifiers added to it to give it plastic or rubber-like properties.
San Diego Roofing employs roofing contractors that are experienced with modified bitumen in both commercial and residential applications. Our licensed roofing contractors will install your modified bitumen roof quickly and professionally.
Benefits of Modified Bitumen Roofing
- Proven track record of performance
- Superior waterproofing characteristics
- Broad range of application methods
- Wide choice of top-surfacing, including “Cool Roofing” options
- With insulation, provides an even better-performing building component
- High tensile-strength
- Available as part of a fire, wind, and/or hail rated roofing system
- Competitive life-cycle cost
- Available with flame-free (non-torch-down) installation
- Long-term warranties are available with many modified bitument roofing systems
Water-tight and Thermally Sound
Modified Bitumen roofing systems create watertight barriers that perform for many years at a time due to the multiple layers. When built-up, these layers of bitumen exhibit exceptional resistance to conductivity of heat between the exterior and interior of a building. This generates noticeable reduction in cooling costs.
Contact San Diego Roofing today to discuss using modified bitumen roofing for your project.